lauantai 6. syyskuuta 2008

Meat Balls

This is my basic recipe for meat balls. I will be refering to this one later on alot. I personally like to cook quite alot of meat balls at once, so I can do several dishes out of them.

Meat Balls Ingredients:

  • 400g Minced Meat
  • 1/2 Onion
  • 2x Garlic glove
  • 0,7dl Water
  • Breadcrumbs
  • 1,5 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Pepper
  • 2 tsp Mustard

Heat the oven to 200C. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Knead the dough a bit to make it smooth. Dont add all the water at once, but keep pouring in more as you mix it. The amount of breadcrumbs to use is up to you. Sometimes I dont use any, sometimes I put enough to get a bit thicker paste. The breadcrumbs help if you want to make really round and nicely shaped meat balls, but if you add too much the meatballs will taste like bread.

Bake the meat balls in the oven for about 15 minutes. You can check if the meatballs are ready by cutting one of them in half and if there is any redness, it isnt done yet.

Ei kommentteja: